Our typical members
Our members include practising primary and secondary school teachers, as well as teachers in higher education and language schools. Many of our members are also involved in materials writing, testing and assessment, teacher education, educational management, and various activities related to the profession of English Language Teaching. We are an associate of IATEFL International (International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language), based in the UK.
By joining our Association, teachers…
- become part of a professional community
- join a network of language educators in Hungary
- can find out about professional development opportunitites in Hungary and abroad
- can exchange ideas, information, resources, and experience amongst their colleagues
- can establish and maintain contacts with other national and international associations
- can attend conferences in Hungary and abroad
- can become involved in organising and running workshops/events/conferences
- receive credit points for your professional development
- regional Creative Cafés with regular events in several cities throughout Hungary – free for members!
- a monthly newsletter including information about our programs and latest news, also our partners’ programs, news on competitions/bids/applications for teachers, practical teaching tips, etc.
- registration at a discounted rate (50% off) for our Annual Conference in October
- registration at a discounted rate (50% off) for our Winter Warmer in February
- member access to help to attend the conferences of our European partner associations: ATECR, ELTAM, ELTA-Serbia, HUPE, IATEFL-Poland, IATEFL-Slovenia, and SCELT
- 20% discount to all IATEFL-H members at Libra Books
- active social-media platforms and communities
- keeping connected face-to-face and online, making friends
- exchanging ideas, information, resources and experience with other English teachers